Five ways to save money on a Charleston hotel, inn or bed and breakfast without giving up the essentials. Accommodations are usually the greatest expense for a Charleston getaway or vacation.
1. Book Early - Charleston has many visitors that return year after year and these seasoned travelers know where and how to find the quality rooms for less expense. They know that hotels typically raise their rates once they reach the 70-80% occupancy level so waiting to book a room can cost nearly double. If you plan to reserve a room for high season or a weekend, give yourself ample lead-time for a better rate as many Charleston hotels and bed and breakfasts sell out two or more months in advance.
2. Research Historic Inns and Bed and Breakfasts - There are several bed & breakfast and inn type establishments that are located near or right in the Charleston Historic District. Often times these intimate accommodations can be enjoyed for lower rates than their hotel counterparts. Almost all have private baths and continental breakfast with the very fine room accommodations. A bed & breakfast or an inn might be the perfect affordable choice for a stay Charleston.
3. Weekdays and Off Season - Hotels have less traffic during the week and consequently management prefers to entice travelers to book on those lighter days, Monday thru Friday. If your schedule allows, there are rooms available in the Historic District during the week for $149 and a few for a little less. Rates in the off-season (late fall and winter months, with a few exceptions) are typically as much as $100 lower than high season. Mid-week and low season bookings can save a considerable amount in your budget. Keep in mind that a beach vacation and a Historic District stay have different high and low seasons so make the call to determine the best times to book for savings.
4. Stay just outside the Historic District - Charleston's Finest City Guide has excellent rates available for hotels just outside the Historic District. Many of these hotels offer ease of transportation to the Historic District. For online reservations click here and check the rates for the Holiday Inn Riverview, Courtyard Charleston Riverview, Charleston Marriott, Residence Inn Riverview and Springhill Suites Riverview for a lovely hotel with excellent rates.
5. Tour a Time Share - Some timeshare organizations have packages available for as little as $89 for two nights, including dinner. Timeshare accommodations offer these special rates for the opportunity to show their facility to potential buyers who may be interest in purchasing time to return each year or to trade their time in Charleston to vacation elsewhere. These tours typically take only about 90 minutes and you can stay in and view potential vacation property at considerable savings for your Charleston stay.
We can help with our online reservations 24/7 - Search Charleston Online Deals. We recommend you check our rates and you'll find that most often, what we offer are better rates than what you can find at any of the big online reservation companies.
Enjoy your trip, and have a great time in Charleston.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Restaurants in Historic Charleston SC.
Get assistance to find a hotel for your group.
Book online, Book your hotel online 24/7.
Confused about where to stay? We can help!
Shop Charleston historic district... find treasures.